This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.wake-media.co.uk or via email. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this website or via email.
Information we collect
In operating our services, website and associated platforms, we may collect and process data about you which may include but is not limited to: -
- Email address, First name, last name, company, job title, phone number.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services that are similar to those which were the subject of previous communication or sale to you.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Wake Media Ltd currently uses a marketing automation platform to send newsletters and communications.
For more information on the privacy practices of MailChimp, please visit the MailChimp Privacy page: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy and Terms https://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/
Wake Media Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data on any communication that you receive from us. You can also unsubscribe from our lists to stop receiving any further communications from us.
- If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
Storing your personal data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
Currently, all organisations in the UK that collect, process or store personal information must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The DPA will soon be superseded by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will unify data protection laws in the European Union. It came into force on 24 May 2016 and will be enforced from 25 May 2018, when a single set of rules will apply to all 28 EU member states.
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers..
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us at
T: +44 (0) 208 686 1728
If you would prefer to write to us, then our contact address is
Wake Media Ltd
Airport House Business Centre, Suite 113